Entrepreneurial Fellows Program
Applications for 2023-2024 Cohort is closed
The Querrey InQbation Lab Entrepreneurial Fellows Program educates and trains the next generation of entrepreneurs to take on society’s most pressing challenges. The program offers outstanding recent Ph.D. and MBA graduates interested in entrepreneurship the opportunity to partner with Northwestern faculty to advance Northwestern innovations towards commercialization. During the one-year program, Fellows will undertake development and commercialization plans for a Northwestern technology with the goal of launching an early-stage company.
Fellows will be mentored by a team of Northwestern faculty, early-stage investors, corporate partners, and serial entrepreneurs. The educational component of the program will be anchored by opportunities such as a management series coordinated by The Graduate School and the Kellogg School of Management, presentation skills training, grant writing bootcamps, and a range of commercialization workshops. Fellows will be embedded within the active entrepreneurial community at the Querrey InQbation Lab and will have open access to the various InQbation programming designed to help launch Northwestern startups. The fellowship will provide salary, benefits, and stipend to support project expenses.
- December 2022: Application Link (Applications require a cover letter, a slide-deck proposal of work and letters of support.) Applications closed in March 2023.
- Early April 2023: Finalists notified
- Mid April 2023: Finalists Interviewed by panel consisting of faculty, external advisors, INVO
- Early May April 2023: Querrey InQbation Lab Entrepreneurial Fellows announced
- August – September 2023: Fellowship start date
- Term: 1 year
- Salary: $80k + benefits
- Stipend: $10k for supplies, travel, etc.
- Applicants must be Ph.D. or M.B.A. graduates having received their degree within three years of the start date.
- Prior to applying, candidates must identify their desired fellowship project and obtain a written letter of endorsement from the respective Northwestern faculty PI-innovator. If applicant requires help with project identification, the InQbation Lab may offer several opportunities that the applicant can explore. Please email inQbationLab@northwestern.edu, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Interested candidates may email inquiries to inQbationlab@northwestern.edu. Complete this form to start the application process.
Northwestern faculty may submit potential EF projects for consideration by EF candidates .